Sunday 14 June 2020

Blogging, and why it's taken me forever to start

A mini-blog/reflective journal, from a self-confessed air-head.



Photo of an open laptop
Photo: Anete Lūsiņa

If anyone's read my introductory blog post you may notice I've temporarily skipped over the letter A (for Apps I've found useful for Spirituality and Self-Care).  It was a longer post that I anticipated and is still underway, but it will be published when ready, never fear (spoiler alert - The Tapping Solution is my top pick).

Also if you read my intro post, then you may already have a sense of why I've not become a blogger before now. In short, I've felt that I don't have anything important enough to say.

I kept a diary as a kid - that is, I repeatedly started keeping a diary year on year (I always lost interest before the year was out). I recall it used to consist of the most mundane, "I fell out with my best friend today, we'll probably never speak again" / "today my best friend and I made up and after school we went into town..." content.  Day in, day out pretty much.

There was only ever one thing of any importance that I recorded during that time in my life, and I won't speak of that as it concerns a suspicion that a friend may have been suffering physical abuse at the hands of a parent and that is not my history to write about.


So, I thought, what would be the point of writing a blog? I did begin one once, but it was soon deleted as it was just a list of my accomplishments in life and places I've travelled to. (Those things are fine things for me to remember, and may even be of interest to immediate family, but that's what photo albums are for - as a blog, there can't have been any appetite for that. And anyway, a blog which consists of just a few posts isn't much of a blog.)


I'm not any good at journalling, either - I literally cannot think of a thing to write. Last year I started a dream journal which I kept up with for a few months, but that's different (oh, and I'd given it up again by mid-way through the year).


So, what's changed? Well, I've begun exploring my spiritual side with more purpose, and so I've started reading one or two blogs written by others in the course of that. And there's a 'Recently Blogged' thread on the message board* I'm a member of, and I guess after a while I developed a bit of FOMO.


That's it! I'm still not sure that I've anything of any real interest to say, though as I write my next post is shaping up to be (possibly) on the topic of 'Calamity', so I suppose you never know.



*https://ecauldron.com/




Photo credit: Anete Lūsiņa on Unsplash





Cookies/data
European Union laws require that EU visitors be given information about cookies used and data collected on this blog.  Google/Blogger 
have added a notice on this blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies, and other data collected by Google.  If this notice does not display and you are in the EU, please will you notify me in the comments section.  Many thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review (partial): You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise L. Hay

    Forgive my book review, I'm not used to this so it almost certainly won't take the form of conventional book reviews or ones you...